I'm bringing one minute dance parties back. They are glorious things after two cups of coffee.
It might also have something to with just watching Grease. I haven't seen that movie since 6th grade (religion class?) and I was very entertained by all the adult humor in it. Why was I watching Grease? I was painting my nails and I can never not doing something else when painting my nails. The result:
So along those lines. I dyed my hair. Never done that before. I am now a brunette. What possessed me? I honestly have no idea. It was a half formed consideration just a couple of days ago but after a couple of beers and the backing of my best friend I decided to be spontaneous and try it. Once. I like my original hair color a lot. So I'm just going to let this box color fade and grow out.
So ya'll must think I have a lot of time on my hands. Grad student what? Tuesday are happy indeed as I have no class until Wednesday evenings. I could
get a head start on my readings or projects, but thats what Wednesday mornings are for. But seriously, class are going well thus far. Gave a "presentation" last night. About masonry and stone construction terms. It was in a group and it was a powerpoint so me - the queen of stage fright - was surprisingly cool under the gaze of my peers. We also had to devise a game. So I and my (closest grad) friend came up a brilliant idea - at the time- and dragged the one undergrad in our group along with us. We though to bring actual bricks into class and having the kids build different bonds out of them, English, Flemmish, Dogtooth...
So, my house being built out of brick, offered to bring in 25 bricks. Good idea in theory the actual process of loading 25 dirty bricks into my car, drive the hour+ back to Ann Arbor, and carry 25 bricks into class was a PAIN. I filled a backpack full of bricks, stacked some more in my arms and staggered into class. It turned out to be a lot of fun and no one was injured. But now I have 25 bricks rattling about in my car for the next two weeks until I go home again.
In other news: I broke up with boy. We weren't actually dating so broke up probably isn't the best term but it makes sense to me. WHAT A RELIEF. I had spent a week agonizing over it. So when I get a desperate text massage from him the following sunday, I had the perfect opening. To paraphrase the text; he wanted to know why I hadn't talked to him a week and had my feelings changed? Rather then a causal 'hey whats up' he automatically thinks because I
never reached out to him during one measly week, that obviously my feelings had changed. Even tho he never tried contacting me that entire week. So to me, he reeked of desperation and was way to invested in this relationship. So that cinched it for me. And like I said, perfect opening. So I texted him back and told him I took the week to think things over and that I didn't want to continue things. So yeah, text message was kind of cold hearted. At first he just sent me a text back acting all confused and wanting to know why (even though I made it perfectly obviously in my text). I don't answer. In my book I said what I needed to and its over. Then I get a second long, angry and angsty text. Pretty much ranting at me at how he deserved a phone call and how he liked me so much blah blah blah. Never answered. Yep I'm a bitch.
But really I let it go on far to long. Lets recap:
1. First date he goes on and on about him clothes and appearance. He basically tells me how he wants me to dress with "I hate girls wearing leggings, its so lazy" and "I love going shopping with a girlfriend and telling them what I like when she tries things on" (well he said it differently then that but you get the gist) AND the really freaking thing: asking me if I wanted kids.
2. 3rd date? - I had invited him a bar where I was with some friends. He mocks me for being a spoilt rich girl and makes racist comments (some of my friends at the bar were black) He was disgustingly rude all in all and I probably shouldn't have given him a second chance
3. His awkward hand holding and rubbing my shoulders and back. And me being like, stop touching me.
4. Him not getting a hint and leaving in the morning after spending the night.
5. Me not being into him, if you know what I mean. Like I told my BFF, if he tried sleeping with me that night it would've been like rape.
all in all I KNEW
pretty early into this dating thing that I wasn't into him. The end.
So now I am definitely single and living in a college town where the males are very good looking. Its time to have fun.
Oh! And I have three obsessions right now. Grace Slick, tofu, and Vanilla Java Porter.